Back to Main Menu
Effective August 31, 2020, we have modified our training due to the CoronaVirus Pandemic.
Please review our New guidelines.
Limited space available.
All beginners must submit their registration before starting classes. With your registration confirmation, you will receive an introductory video outlining the rules, regulations and training etiquettes needed.
After training with the video, you will then be able to join our class.
What does the class learn?
Our training class consists of three aspects. Sport, Discipline and Fitness.
Our fitness circuit was developed to put Karate moves into a routine that gives a student cardiovascular conditioning, while practicing their technique.
The discipline part of the class concentrates on techniques and material needed for rank advancement. Advancing in rank is not a given, but rather earned through hard work and dedication.
The sport aspect of class concentrates on Karate competition. We do encourage students to compete in Karate tournaments, but it isn't the competition that's important, it's the effort in preparation that builds a winning attitude and competitor.
What benefits will we gain from training?
Respect, Discipline, Honor
"We'll help you learn, what you're capable of achieving"
– Today’s kids are so accustomed to receiving instant gratification that lessons in effort and discipline aren’t always easy to come by. Kids with a martial arts background, however, are continually reminded of how essential self-discipline is.
– Too many people today lose their social skills because they hide behind their computer screens. Karate helps build social skills because they are forced to interact with partners while learning self defense and other aspects of the art.
– Get the kids off the couch and encouraging them to be more active. Enrolling an inactive child in such a physically demanding pastime not only discourages the sedentary lifestyle they're used to, but also gives them an enjoyable activity that inspires each person to keep moving.
– Most forms of martial arts are based around an accomplishment system of colored belts that signify the wearer’s degree of skill. When your child strives toward each new belt, he’s learning valuable lessons about setting and reaching his goals.
– Confidence comes with achievement, so your child’s self-esteem level will get a boost with every new move he masters and every belt he earns. Kids who struggle with a low sense of self-worth usually become more confident as time progresses while they’re enrolled in a martial arts class.
– Learning any martial arts style will require your child to show her instructor unflinching respect. Today’s kid culture doesn’t always include respect for authority, adults or those in advanced positions. When she goes to her karate class, though, your child will be learning lessons in respect along with new moves.
– Thinking that martial arts instruction promotes violent behavior is justified if your only experience with the activity comes from television or movies. In fact, many defensive styles teach kids peaceful, non-violent conflict resolution skills and emphasize the importance of avoiding a physical altercation. "Karate is a defensive art from beginning to end" -Gichin Funakoshi
– In order to master the skills she’s being taught and advance through the belt ranks, your child will have to exercise superior listening skills. Kids who aren’t always adept when it comes to paying attention to what they’re told can benefit from the verbal instruction and one-on-one work in her dojo.
– Whether he’s testing for a new belt or sparring in a practice setting to master a new maneuver, there are few things that your child does in his martial arts classes that will be done on his own. Working together to learn new things and accomplish goals is an important life lesson for kids to learn, and instruction in the martial arts can help your child learn that lesson.
– The benefits of martial arts training don’t end in the dojo. The discipline skills that have been learned through Karate have benefited many of our students. Students have gone on to win academic achievement awards, athletic scholarships and more. many of our students have become teachers, business leaders, doctors and more. Karate is not about fighting, or who you can beat. It's about life, your life, and how you can defeat your own insecurities and fears.
What does the class cost?
If you've read the list of benefits above, you'll probably realize that we aren't charging nearly enough for what you'll have the chance to achieve.
Listed below is the tuition price for this class.
16-Week Session: $300.00
Includes: 16 weeks of Karate Training
Tuition can be made in 4 equal installments of $75.00 on 1st, 5th, 9th and 13th weeks of the session
*Tuition can be paid in quarterly payments or in full. There are no refunds on tuition paid if the student stops their training in the middle of a session.
Uniform Package = $65.00
Registration is required. Please register here.
Instructor: Master Chuck Hosler